Information Technology Mission/Purpose
The City of Monroe Information Technology Department will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the City’s mission.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for computer, multimedia, voice, and web based applications and integrated data services to all City departments.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the City through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the City’s enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support the highest level of customer service.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the organization through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.